Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Nothing like expensive beauty products to make a girl feel good...

Last night we went out to do some Christmas shopping. This is an activity that needs to be done in several trips, as we're shopping for six kids (5 girls!), as well as various nieces, nephews and other assorted relatives. Mark kept getting pissed at the cost of sweaters in American Eagle, and he about lost it in Hollister (actually, I almost lost it too... that store sucks! It's dark, it's noisy, and I'm convinced they keep it that way so you don't notice the cheap quality of their overpriced crap!)

Why is it that a 14 year old girl wants needs a $90 sweatshirt? I don't get it. Especially when the small pockets of the same sweatshirt in a different color were the cause of a lost ipod last week at the park... No wonder we're broke.

Anyway, I had mentioned to Mark the other day that, at 36 years old, it's really not good for me to be washing my face with Dial Antibacterial soap. But, since we went broke I've had no money for expensive good face washing/toning/moisturizing products. It's been Dial soap for months, and it's starting to take a toll on my skin (the winter air and stress are probably not helping either).

We were walking by Sephora, and Mark suggested we go in to get some decent face washing stuff. I warned him it could be expensive, but he insisted...

Holy crap! As soon as I walked in the door I started to feel pretty again! Aisle after aisle, row after row of sparkly, good smelling things all meant to make me look younger, fresher, brighter, prettier! I didn't know where to start! I wanted to try everything, buy everything... I wanted to take everything in the store home just so I could look at it all day!

I ended up getting a Nars lipstick that I'd had before and loved! I got a Philosophy exfoliating cleanser which I love! love! love! And I got a set of small bottles of Clarins facial cleanser, day lotion, night lotion, serum and eye cream... all of which I love! love! love!

I had so much fun smelling things, trying things, and just soaking in the good clean prettiness of the store! When we left the store I actually hugged my Sephora bag and made Mark laugh. He said seeing me hug the bag was definitely worth the $85 dollars we spent in there.

I think the fact that I felt human like a human girl again made it more than worth it.

No comments: