Thursday, April 3, 2008

I'm still here!

Yes, I'm still here. The fact that Matthew is now mobile and has the ability to bang the hell out of my laptop means it's been out of sight most of the time for a while now. I want to try to get back here... I guess time will tell if Matthew has other plans for me and my blogging...

Things are better than they were the last time I posted here, but still not great. Mark is working crazy hours, and I'm home alone with the baby much of the time. I've found a couple of friends, and I get out to the gym a few times a week. I'm still pretty isolated, but not as bad as before.

Matthew is now 9 months old, and standing briefly on his own. He walks quickly when holding onto the furniture, and he's trying to walk without holding on to anything (which usually results in a face plant onto the carpet.) He says "da da" all the time, but I only hear "ma ma" when he's crying. He babbles a lot, and has a hugs collection of plastic toys taking over the living room. He's sweet and funny and crinkles up his nose when he smiles, which is pretty much all the time.

I've been thinking a lot about starting my own business, something that would allow me the ability to bring Matthew along. I have a couple of ideas bouncing around in my head, but nothing I'm really ready to write about yet.

Things are getting better... winter was long and hard and lonely, but the weather is warming up and I'm starting to feel like I'm waking up from a bad dream. Matthew has been the only bright, beautiful thing in my life for a long time. I think it's time for me to have a little of "me" back again.

I sure do love that guy.

No comments: